My absolute favorite thing about throwing a party is making all the treats and snacks to serve! I always have so much fun trying out new recipes, so I wanted to share with you the two star of the show treats I made for my Halloween party! Both are super quick and simple, and you can make the Rice Krispy Treats vegan if needed!
I also made a super easy, spooky punch that is perfect for Halloween and LIME green!
- 1 liter of 7UP
- 3 cups Pineapple juice
- 1 packet lime green jell-o (just add in the packet, don’t make the jell-o. It wont harden so don’t worry)
- mango vodka
- dried ice
Just mix all the indgredients together in a large punch bowl, add as much vodka as needed (we used a whole bottle) and then drop in the dried ice to get it bubbling and looking spooky! EASY!
I have been trying out a vegan diet recently, so I wanted to make vegan rice krispy treats for the party so I could actually eat one of the things I made LOL! However, if you are not vegan you can make them the regular recipe off the box!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal – I found a vegan rice cereal brand at whole food
- 3 tbs Butter – I used the Earth Balance vegan butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows (approx 1 Bag) – Used Dandies vegan marshmallows
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring (to make orange color) – I used the “color kitchen” brand from Amazon
- Rolo’s/Tootsie Rolls and green M&M’s (the only non-vegan ingredients I used, I just took them off before eating. You can def find a vegan sub for these items, but since I was the only person trying to eat vegan at my party, I skipped it.)
- Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted
- Remove from heat
- Add approx 4 drops of red food coloring & 2 drop yellow food coloring- Add until you have a nice bright orange color
- Mix in Rice Krispies
- Form small balls into the shape of a pumpkin (Tip: Add vegetable oil to your hands before forming your balls, or else it will be a sticky mess)
- Top with the candy!
The Jalapeno Poppers were definetly not vegan LOL, but they were the biggest hit at the party! Everyone gobbled these up FAST so I’d make extra if you plan on serving these!
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minched garlic
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 Scallion
- Candy Eyeballs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat your over to 400° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash then Slice your jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a cheese grater to shred your block of pepper jack cheese.
- Chop a scallion in tiny pieces.
- Mix in your cream cheese, scallion pieces, garlic, pepper and salt to your shredded cheese.
- Fill your jalapeño peppers with your cheese mixture.
- Now unroll your crescent rolls into rectangles (leave two triangles together and pinch the middle together).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each crescent rectangle lengthwise into four even pieces.
- Wrap one or two pieces around each pepper, leaving a small opening for the eyes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Right when you take your mummies out of the oven, add two candy eyes in each top opening
My puppy, Boba, just had his very first birthday party and me, being the extra dog mom that I am, had to whip up some homemade dog treats to serve at his puppy party! The treats were such a hit with all the pups, I had to share them with you guys to make at home for your own fur babies! Each recipe is super simple to make and only takes a few ingredients you may already have at home! Let me know what your pets think of these if you try them out at home! ENJOY!
Bacon Doggie Donuts
These were a huge hit with all the pups, and even the humans, too! I loved the way these turned out – they look like they took a good amount of time and effort, but in reality it was like a 20 minute snack.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- greek yogurt (for the topping)
- bacon bits (for the topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- spray donut baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- mix all ingredients (besides the ones for the topping) into a medium mixing bowl
- press dough into the donut pan firmly
- bake for 14 minutes
- to make the topping, just spread greek yogurt on the donuts and sprinkle bacon bits
- freeze to let the toppings set
Chewy Cheddar Puppy Bites
These cheesy bread bites were another hit for all the dogs, I wish I had made more than just one batch because they gobbled these up so quickly! These only took about 15 minutes to put together, as well!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- mix all ingredients together until well combined
- spoon dough into silicone baking molds
- bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from the oven and let cool before serving
Strawberry Banana Frosty Paws
These were my favorite! I thought they turned out the absolute cutest! Some dogs were obsessed with these and others didn’t care for them, however… All the humans at the party loved them! They taste like little smoothie bites, the perfect little summer treat for you and your pup! These were also the easiest to make!
- 1 banana
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup greek lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- combine all ingredients into mixer
- blend until smooth
- pour into silicone baking molds
- freeze (I froze mine overnight!)
I have recently started trying to eat a more vegan diet and cooking a lot more meals at home. I have been vegetarian for over a year, but my biggest vice is cheese! I’m hoping that by the end of 2018 I will be 100% dairy free, but I am taking a slower approach for now. I am not much of a cook, I really hate all the preparation and waiting around for my food to be done cooking, so I like to keep meals quick and simple. Today I am sharing my favorite go-to 10 minute meal – avocado toast with some Mexican flair and a side of roasted corn on the cob!
- Ezekiel Bread
- Black Beans
- Lime Juice (not pictured)
- Crushed Red Pepper
Avocado toast is obviously very easy to put together, so I’m sure you don’t need much of a “how to” guideline, but I’ll do it anyway. I toasted my Ezekiel bread for about two minutes and then slathered a thin layer of avocado on my toast. Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of avocado, but I’ve been trying to eat it more often because it is such a great super food. You can out as little or as much avocado as you’d like! Then I layered my salsa, black beans, a little bit of red pepper, lime juice, and a sprinkle of cilantro. Super simple, but so delicious and filling!
Then for my side, I love a good corn on the cob! I didn’t have a grill at my apartment, which is my preferred way to cook corn on the cob, so I just roasted it in a pan! This way is a little quicker, anyway.
- Corn on the Cob
- Vegan Butter (Earth Balance is my favorite!)
- Minced Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Lime Juice
- Cilantro (optional)
I start by throwing the corn on the cob into the pan (make sure you wash it beforehand) and then coat it with my vegan butter. I also toss my minced garlic into the pan and let it all simmer together. Once it starts to cook and turns a little more golden, I go in with my seasonings – a little salt, pepper, lime juice, and lots of chili powder. You can also top it with cilantro once you’re finished, but I decided not to since my toast already had some!
I know this meal was very basic and simple but I hope you enjoyed reading and try this out on your own! Let me know your favorite ways to spice up your avocado toast so I can try something new out, as well!