My absolute favorite thing about throwing a party is making all the treats and snacks to serve! I always have so much fun trying out new recipes, so I wanted to share with you the two star of the show treats I made for my Halloween party! Both are super quick and simple, and you can make the Rice Krispy Treats vegan if needed!
I also made a super easy, spooky punch that is perfect for Halloween and LIME green!
- 1 liter of 7UP
- 3 cups Pineapple juice
- 1 packet lime green jell-o (just add in the packet, don’t make the jell-o. It wont harden so don’t worry)
- mango vodka
- dried ice
Just mix all the indgredients together in a large punch bowl, add as much vodka as needed (we used a whole bottle) and then drop in the dried ice to get it bubbling and looking spooky! EASY!
I have been trying out a vegan diet recently, so I wanted to make vegan rice krispy treats for the party so I could actually eat one of the things I made LOL! However, if you are not vegan you can make them the regular recipe off the box!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal – I found a vegan rice cereal brand at whole food
- 3 tbs Butter – I used the Earth Balance vegan butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows (approx 1 Bag) – Used Dandies vegan marshmallows
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring (to make orange color) – I used the “color kitchen” brand from Amazon
- Rolo’s/Tootsie Rolls and green M&M’s (the only non-vegan ingredients I used, I just took them off before eating. You can def find a vegan sub for these items, but since I was the only person trying to eat vegan at my party, I skipped it.)
- Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted
- Remove from heat
- Add approx 4 drops of red food coloring & 2 drop yellow food coloring- Add until you have a nice bright orange color
- Mix in Rice Krispies
- Form small balls into the shape of a pumpkin (Tip: Add vegetable oil to your hands before forming your balls, or else it will be a sticky mess)
- Top with the candy!
The Jalapeno Poppers were definetly not vegan LOL, but they were the biggest hit at the party! Everyone gobbled these up FAST so I’d make extra if you plan on serving these!
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minched garlic
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 Scallion
- Candy Eyeballs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat your over to 400° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash then Slice your jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a cheese grater to shred your block of pepper jack cheese.
- Chop a scallion in tiny pieces.
- Mix in your cream cheese, scallion pieces, garlic, pepper and salt to your shredded cheese.
- Fill your jalapeño peppers with your cheese mixture.
- Now unroll your crescent rolls into rectangles (leave two triangles together and pinch the middle together).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each crescent rectangle lengthwise into four even pieces.
- Wrap one or two pieces around each pepper, leaving a small opening for the eyes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Right when you take your mummies out of the oven, add two candy eyes in each top opening