My skincare routine has been a highly requested topic for so long, but I am always getting new skincare in the mail and picking new things up on my own to try out, so my routine is constantly changing up! However, I do have a few core products that you 100% need in your life, that I will be sharing with you today! For reference, my skin type is (VERY) dry, a little on the sensitive side, I have bigger pores on my cheeks, and I deal with a lot of hormonal breakouts around my chin, so I tend to gravitate towards hydrating and firming products! I also love a good spot treatment to get those breakouts cleared up just as quick as they pop up!
Fair warning, I am a bit of a skincare snob. I think skincare is always worth the splurge – makeup always looks and applies better with a good base beneath it! So, yes, these items are a little pricey, but I think they are SO worth it, and my skin agrees!
- Cleanser: I have been using this Clinique Mild Facial Soap for years and it is the most gentle cleanser I have ever tried. Every time I try to switch it up and try something new, I always go back to it! It’s non-drying, leaves my skin super soft and supple, and it removes all dirt and makeup! It also seems to last me forever, I usually only have to repurchase once a year, which is always a score!
- Exfoliating: This one could also be shoved into the ‘cleanser’ category, but I typically cleanse first and then go in with my Drunk Elephant Juju Bar. It’s an ultra-mild, three-in-one bar that deeply cleanses, subtly exfoliates, and heals skin. I like to throw this into my routine about twice a week, or when I feel like I need a little bit of a deeper clean.
- Serum: It’s safe to say that Drunk Elephant skincare has drastically changed my life… and my skin routine. This Gycolic Night Serum is everything I’ve ever needed and more! It’s great for all skin types, helps with pores, uneven skin tone, and overall dullness. It is formulated with an AHA/BHA blend including glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citric, and salicylic acids, and blended with raspberry extract, and T.L.C. Framboos™, which chemically exfoliate the skin without being too harsh or drying. I also love the Drunk Elephant Day Serum, but if I had to choose one over the other, definitely the night serum!
- Moisturizer: For this one, I have two options that I switch back and forth with. The first one being Tarte Cosmetics H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer, which I mainly use in the mornings. If you’re looking for intense hydration, this is a dream come true. It’s a gel formula, so it provides the ultimate moisture for thirsty skin and leaves your skin plump, refreshed, and hydrated all day long. Also works as an excellent primer before makeup, which is a plus! PS.. it’s vegan! My second favorite is the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream. I love this one because of the whipped texture – it’s amazing as a “before bedtime” moisturizer. It’s also great for all skin types and visibly improves the firmness and elasticity of skin, while also giving you a gorgeous glow!
- Eye Serum: To balance out the stress I put on my eyes from intense eye shadow blending, to insanely heavy false lashes, to straining them from being on the computer and my phone all day… I take my eye cream very serious! I also have two options for this one, the first being my Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Eye Cream. It’s an incredibly lightweight formula that improves the look of ﬁne lines and wrinkles, and it’s also formulated with caﬀeine from green tea to reduce the look of puﬃness and ﬁrm skin! This one soaks into the skin quickly but still leaves your under eye looking glowy and refreshed. Another favorite of mine, which happens to be my mom’s favorite as well, is the Tarte Cosmetics Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment! This is a little bit of a thicker formula, so I mainly use it at night since it doesn’t soak into my skin quite as fast. It provides intense hydration and Tarte’s C-brighter™ complex of antioxidant plant extracts fights free radicals responsible for sagging, crow’s feet & puffiness.
- Spot Treatment: To fight the occasional breakout, my go-to is the Kate Somerville Eradikate! Straight from the website, it’s described as ‘an acne treatment specifically formulated with the highest level of Sulfur allowed to fight pimples, zits, blemishes and future breakouts.’ This stuff is insane, though. I put it on before bed and wake up with zero redness and depending on the pimples previous size, either drastically reduced or completely gone!
I hope this list of favorites was helpful and if you have any further questions, please feel free to comment below or shoot me a tweet! FTC: All the links above are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission from each purchase through the link! Thanks so much for the endless support! XO