Let’s face it, being vegan doesn’t always mean healthy! We all still have cravings for the occasional junk food and I have complied a list of a few of my must try favorites!
- Starlite Vegan Chorizo and Black Bean Taquitos – These are the best for lunches or snacks through the day. I was a huge taquito fan when I was little and these are amazing for satisfying that craving! It comes with 8 taquitos total, the serving size is 2 so I normally eat 2 as a snack or if I make it a whole meal I make 4 and have with a side of rice.
- Veggie Rings – I was truly heartbroken when I realized I couldn’t eat most onion rings anymore (my FAVES) because of the batter! Luckily Sprouts came through and sells these Veggie Rings made with cauliflower and white beans! They definitely don’t taste like real onion rings, but they have the best flavor and are great as a snack or a side!
- Amy’s Margherita Swirls – Ok, fair warning, these are addicting! These little Margherita Swirls have such an amazing doughey texture and such great flavor! One of the best vegan snacks I have found so far!!
- Field Roast Mini Corn Dogs – I loved mini corndogs as a kid and these definitely bring back that nostalgic love. They taste so similar to the real thing, it was almost concerning when I first tried them lol! Highly recommend!
- Mac n Chao – Chao cheese is one of the best brands of vegan cheese on the market so no surprise that these quick meals are mouth watering delicious! Best for lazy dinners!
- So Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Cream – Out of all the vegan ice creams I’ve tried so far, nothing can hold a candle to the cashew milk substitutions, my favorite being the brand So Delicious! These are super creamy and super similar to traditional ice cream, plus the flavors they carry are all so scrumptious!
- Siete Cashew Queso – Vegan Queso can be pretty hit or miss and we don’t always want to make some crazy 15 ingridient recipe for a quick snack, so I was super jazzed to find these ready made quesos at Whole Foods! They have a mild nacho and spicy blanco flavor and both are to die for! I lean more towards the nacho because it’s most similar to traditional queso but the blanco has a nice little kick to it and really hits the spot! Also recommed eating these with the Siete Lime Tortilla Chips!
- Just Edible Cookie Dough – These are dangerousy good! You can eat the cookie dough raw (what I normally do) or make yummy vegan cookies! Either way, stock up because you’re going to want more!
- Super Pretzels – These are one of those accidentally vegan products that turn out to be amazing! My brother and I used to eat these all the time as kids for an after school snack so finding out they were actually vegan was a great surprise! Who doesn’t love a good ‘ol fashioned pretzel?!
- Justin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – Honestly, I stopped buying the little individual packs and now just buy the big pack of minis because I cannot get enough of these! Satisfies your sweet tooth instantly!
My absolute favorite thing about throwing a party is making all the treats and snacks to serve! I always have so much fun trying out new recipes, so I wanted to share with you the two star of the show treats I made for my Halloween party! Both are super quick and simple, and you can make the Rice Krispy Treats vegan if needed!
I also made a super easy, spooky punch that is perfect for Halloween and LIME green!
- 1 liter of 7UP
- 3 cups Pineapple juice
- 1 packet lime green jell-o (just add in the packet, don’t make the jell-o. It wont harden so don’t worry)
- mango vodka
- dried ice
Just mix all the indgredients together in a large punch bowl, add as much vodka as needed (we used a whole bottle) and then drop in the dried ice to get it bubbling and looking spooky! EASY!
I have been trying out a vegan diet recently, so I wanted to make vegan rice krispy treats for the party so I could actually eat one of the things I made LOL! However, if you are not vegan you can make them the regular recipe off the box!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal – I found a vegan rice cereal brand at whole food
- 3 tbs Butter – I used the Earth Balance vegan butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows (approx 1 Bag) – Used Dandies vegan marshmallows
- Red & Yellow Food Coloring (to make orange color) – I used the “color kitchen” brand from Amazon
- Rolo’s/Tootsie Rolls and green M&M’s (the only non-vegan ingredients I used, I just took them off before eating. You can def find a vegan sub for these items, but since I was the only person trying to eat vegan at my party, I skipped it.)
- Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted
- Remove from heat
- Add approx 4 drops of red food coloring & 2 drop yellow food coloring- Add until you have a nice bright orange color
- Mix in Rice Krispies
- Form small balls into the shape of a pumpkin (Tip: Add vegetable oil to your hands before forming your balls, or else it will be a sticky mess)
- Top with the candy!
The Jalapeno Poppers were definetly not vegan LOL, but they were the biggest hit at the party! Everyone gobbled these up FAST so I’d make extra if you plan on serving these!
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minched garlic
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 Scallion
- Candy Eyeballs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat your over to 400° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash then Slice your jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a cheese grater to shred your block of pepper jack cheese.
- Chop a scallion in tiny pieces.
- Mix in your cream cheese, scallion pieces, garlic, pepper and salt to your shredded cheese.
- Fill your jalapeño peppers with your cheese mixture.
- Now unroll your crescent rolls into rectangles (leave two triangles together and pinch the middle together).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each crescent rectangle lengthwise into four even pieces.
- Wrap one or two pieces around each pepper, leaving a small opening for the eyes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Right when you take your mummies out of the oven, add two candy eyes in each top opening
It’s that time of the year again where makeup lovers everywhere run to Sephora to eat up their 20%-15% off sale that only comes twice a year for VIB members! This time around we are heading into the Fall sale and I want to share some of my favorite items at Sephora that are perfect to grab during this time! If you are unfamiliar with the VIB Sale or what all the details are this time around, don’t fret – you know I got you. VIB Rouge members (people that spend $1000+ over the course of a year at Sephora) save a whopping 20% now through September 3rd. Sephora VIB Members (people that spend $350+ during the calendar year) save 15% August 30th until September 3rd and Beauty Insiders can save 10%, also until September 3rd! It’s one of the most exciting times of the year for makeup lovers, because we all know sales at Sephora are not common and makeup is PRICEY! So let me help you figure out what to spend your coin on this time around!
I’m not going to overwhelm you with an insane list of products, because let’s be real, I like A LOT of different things at Sephora. The items I’m listing below are absolute NEEDS and things I’ve been obsessing over/using daily. For a larger list of recommendations click HERE to watch my favorites video from a few weeks ago!
- Milk Makeup Blur + Set Translucent Setting Powder
- Too Faced Born This Way Sculpting Concealer
- Cover FX Blurring Primer
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Benefit Hello Happy Foundation
- NARS Radiant Longwear Foundation
- First Aid Beauty Bendy Avocado Concealer
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening 24hr Moisturizer
- Fresh Vitamin C Antioxidant Glow Mist
- Ole Henrikson Transforming Walnut Scrub
- Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask
- Urban Decay Born to Run Palette
- Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette
- Too Faced Peachy Mattes Palette
- Fenty Flyliner
- Milk Makeup Kush Mascara
- Milk Makeup Kush Brow Gel
- Fenty Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby Highlight
- Marc Jacobs Tan-Tastic Omega Bronzer
- Becca Bali Sands Bronzer
- NARS Fort De France Highlight
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude “That Peach Tho” blush
- NARS Orgasm Lip Balm
- Smashbox Liquid Lipstick “in Demand”
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
- Buxom Lip Glosses
- Tarte Colorsplash Lipsticks
- Fenty Mattemoiselle Lipsticks